- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed (for serious and extremely moist and delicious, try 4 bananas)
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 cup of sugar or (1/2 cup for less sweet)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven 350°F or 175°C, and butter a 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Add melted butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and the mashed bananas.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add vanilla.
- Mix it until combine. Don’t overmix.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes, check after 40 minutes.
- Place a tester and inserted into the centre, make sure it comes clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.